Introducing the Big Rig FD! One of Jackson Kayak's most popular fishing kayaks now gets the upgrades of both its HD predecessors, the Coosa HD and Cuda HD with the addition of Flex Drive pedaling power. The FD will be compatible with the upcoming E-Drive motor giving users a truly hands-free fishing experience, where the rudder controls return to foot control and our battery will take you anywhere you want to go. Hull size and performance are comparable to the original Big Rig but features an elongated keel for superior tracking while paddling, pedaling, or motoring. The FlexDrive system allows forward and reverse, has unique articulation to adapt to shallow water, obstacles, or cleaning, and is removable for true kayak use. The FD version of the Big Rig takes advantage of the past 5 years of HD upgrades with some twists. It features the Ergo Seat with infinite Hi-Lo and Fore-Aft trimming vs fixed position, and the unique Big Rig rod troughs are doubled up with TWO rod tubes on both sides of the bow. The Big Rig FD's new rod staging system lets you set down and snap up your rods at a moments' notice. Unlike the other models, the rod tubes can also accommodate fly rods up to 9' in length with fly reel geometry behind the seat. Jackson Kayak's use of track systems remain throughout giving you flexibility in setting up for the day of fishing and our hulls are molded for Raymarine and Power-Pole readiness. Storage is upgraded throughout the Big Rig FD with hatches updated to new rotating latches.
- Flex Drive System - Allows for hands-free fishing, forward and reverse, unique articulation to adapt to shallow water and obstacles.
- Three-bladed Propeller - Three-bladed propeller allows for a shallow draft. Blade pitches can be adjusted to your pedaling style.
- Hinged Prop Cover - Cover seals when drive unit is deployed and automatically raises when drive is retracted.
- Hypalon Paddle Keeper - Tuck your paddle blade under this Hypalon keeper to get it out of the way but still in arm's reach - snag-free for your treble hooks! Resistant to UV damage and temperature extremes, this material will keep your paddle safe!Revolutionary universal transducer mounting system makes mounting your favorite fish finder easier than ever before.
- 4 Molded in Rod Tubes - Storage for 4 rods with extended reach for fly rods as well.
- Storage Pod - New central storage pod for gear, tools and more right at your fingertips. The Flex Drive can fit here in its place!
- Gear Tracks - Located on both sides and in the front and rear of the kayak, the Yakattack gear tracks are built into the kayak in easily accessible locations for adding accessories and RAM Mounts.
- New MOLLE Seat - Jackson's new Seat features all-new 3D breathable mesh fabric, improved lumbar support and MOLLE backing for gear storage. This Hi Lo seat is designed to increase comfort while peddling and sits higher than our traditional Hi Lo system.
- Integrated Rudder Control System - Our integrated rudder control system allows precise direction correction while pedaling and can be operated with left, right, or both controls. It is hand controlled on the FD and foot controlled on the HD.
- PowerPole Ready - Four easy molded-in screw points are ready for easy installation of the PowerPole Micro Anchor system.
- Hinging Rear Hatch - Large rear hatch with new easy-opening latches.
- Fly Reel Pocket - Safe resting place for your fly reels that allow for the storage of your 9-foot fly rods.
- Transducer Scupper - Two front scupper holes accommodate many transducer sizes, making installing a fish finder unit a breeze.
**Currently, Forest Camo is the only color in our inventory. Other colors can be drop shipped from the Jackson Factory. Lead times may apply. Please call for additional information (916) 565-1400