2022 Old Town Sportsman PDL 120 - Fishing Kayak
The Old Town Sportsman PDL 120 pedal kayak provides hands free fishing in a performance kayak that's easy to maneuver and light enough to car top. With instant forward and reverse, the award-winning PDL Drive is the most reliable and easy-to-use pedal drive on the market.
- Ultra-stable DoubleU Hull glides quietly through water while providing a stable and comfortable stand-up fishing platform
- Low maintenance PDL Drive with patented easy-docking system for pain-free launch and landing. Covered by industry's first-in-class 5 year warranty
- Superior seat design has great lumbar support and is adjusted to accommodate leg length on a shuttle track. The mesh cover provides ventilation and drainage to keep you dry.
- Two 18" tracks on the forward hull provide easy on/off accessory mounting
- One forward-facing and two rear-facing flush mounted rod holders are there when you want them, and out-of-the-way when you don't
- Non-slip EVA foam deck pads provide traction and stand-up comfort
- Rod and tackle management is made easier by the oversized tank well in the stern, storage under the seat and side pockets just below the accessory tracks. Dedicated horizontal rod storage for quick access.
- Dry storage for additional gear in the sealed bow hatch
- Cup holder for your favorite beverage
- Universal transducer mounting system allows for quicker installation of your fish finder
- A clip on the side of the hull secures your backup paddle, out of the way unless you need it
- PDL Drive and Seat are removable for easy transport and storage
- Custom tackle box included.
- Total Boat Capacity: 500 pounds
- Usable capacity for people and gear: 394 pounds
Fitted Hull Weight: 91 lbs.
Removeable Pedal Drive: 19 lbs.
Removeable Seat: 6 lbs.
Fully Rigged Weight: 116 lbs.
This kayak is amazing to the say the least. I have had the chance now to take it out to various freshwater environments. The locations range from medium size natural lake, large man-made reservoirs (large boats and infinite jet skiers), and the California delta. I was able to fish comfortably in all of the above environments. I was surprised how easily I was able to peddle against the current in the delta, a total game changer compared to paddling. It handles wakes from boats pretty well. I didn't have much of an issue casting while standing, except for when a large boat goes by and leaves a wake. You would have to try pretty hard to dump this one, though I could see it being possible in bad enough conditions. I recommend a using the included tackle box to house wrenchs, spare prop(s), and a few prop pins underneath the seat in the water tight hatch. Always go out with a paddle. You never know what can happen to the drive and water conditions can unexpectedly change (tidal rivers, shallow water, dense vegetation, etc.)
I love this kayak very stable. Have had a lot of fun fishing from this kayak
This is my first kayak. I am very pleased with it. The pedal system is awesome. The stability is great. This kayak is fast moving. Also the employees at KayakCity were very helpful.
Highly recommend this yak. Would love to be considered to test future products.
Love the Sportsman PDL so far. Only a couple things I would change, the front handle could be located better or molded into the bow, they could add tracks on both sides of the rear tank well and the steering knob setup could be a bit more refined. But this is a very stable yak and probably the best bang for the buck out there period.
I just upgraded from a Wilderness ATAK 140, and this kayak is perfect for fishing in every way! Great stability when standing, pedal drive is powerful, and there is plenty of room for all of my gear in the rear storage area. Couldn't have asked for a better yak!