2022 Old Town Sportsman PDL 106 - Fishing Kayak
The Old Town Sportsman PDL 106 pedal kayak provides hands free fishing in a performance kayak that's easy to maneuver and light enough to car top. With instant forward and reverse, the award-winning PDL Drive is the most reliable and easy-to-use pedal drive on the market.
- Ultra-stable DoubleU Hull glides quietly through water while providing a stable and comfortable stand-up fishing platform
- Low maintenance PDL Drive with patented easy-docking system for pain-free launch and landing. Covered by industry's first-in-class 5 year warranty
- Superior seat design has great lumbar support and is adjusted to accommodate leg length on a shuttle track. The mesh cover provides ventilation and drainage to keep you dry.
- Two 18" tracks on the forward hull provide easy on/off accessory mounting
- One forward-facing and two rear-facing flush mounted rod holders are there when you want them, and out-of-the-way when you don't
- Non-slip EVA foam deck pads provide traction and stand-up comfort
- Rod and tackle management is made easier by the oversized tank well in the stern, storage under the seat and side pockets just below the accessory tracks. Dedicated horizontal rod storage for quick access.
- Dry storage for additional gear in the sealed bow hatch
- Cup holder for your favorite beverage
- Universal transducer mounting system allows for quicker installation of your fish finder
- A clip on the side of the hull secures your backup paddle, out of the way unless you need it
- PDL Drive and Seat are removable for easy transport and storage
- Custom tackle box included.
- Total Boat Capacity: 450 pounds
- Usable capacity for people and gear: 356 pounds
Length: 10' 6"
Fitted Hull Weight: 83 lbs.
Removeable PDL Drive: 18 lbs.
Removeable Seat: 6 lbs.
Fully Rigged Weight: 107 lbs.
After a considerable amount of research I purchased my first kayak, opting for the Sportsman 106. While I have no previous experience to compare it to, I can say that I am very satisfied with this yak. It is ultra stable, loaded with convenient features and the pedal drive is fantastic. In the past 3 months I’ve taken it out about 15 times, no issues whatsoever. Old Town nailed it with this one!
I am very happy with this kayak. Easy to pedal, reverse works great, stable to stand on and a solid boat. I would like a net in both storage compartments so I could put items in without them moving about inside of the boat. I am seriously thinking of purchasing a second kayak, same model, as a buddy kayak.
Worth every penny.
Bought this kayak for my wife’s birthday. She absolutely loves it. Right size , room for all her fishing gear. Customer service at kayak city is great.