The Old Town Sportsman 106 Powered by Minn Kota is an easy-to-use motorized fishing platform that is compact and brimming with premium features, enabling maximum fishing time without the hassle or clutter found in other motorized models on the market. The low profile 45 lb. thrust saltwater-ready Minn Kota trolling motor is intuitive and easy to use, controlled by a boat-style throttle control.
- Powerboat style throttle for forward and reverse with integrated battery meter
- Lead acid or lithium-ion battery compatible
- Four built-in 18" accessory tracks for easy mounting options
- Non-slip padded EVA foam deck for comfy stand-up fishing
- Shallow water anchor mount
- One forward-facing and two rear-facing durable flush mount rod holders for quick access
- Includes custom tackle box
- Tournament-ready catch tray (hawg trough - fish measuring board) channels with storage
- New XL rudder designed for improved boat control in forward and reverse
- Kill switch key with spare prop pin, doubles as prop wrench
- Console floor plug to keep out water when motor is removed
- Length: 10' 6"
- Width: 37"
- Hull Weight: 75 lbs.
- Motor Weight: 17 lbs.
- Usable Weight Capacity: 390 lbs. (after factoring in weight of kayak, motor, and a 45 lb. lead acid battery)
- Propulsion: 45 lbs. 12V Minn Kota Motor
Kayak: I am extremely happy with the Sportsman 106 MK kayak! It is very well engineered and is just a great fishing platform. It has plenty of range (with a Lithium battery), it's exceptionally stable, and it's a much better vessel than anything I could fabricate myself. Pricey but well worth it, IMO. Kayak City: I found the staff friendly and very knowledgeable, and this was on a busy weekend. They seem to have a great inventory and their prices are competitive. I drove 5 hours round trip to buy this kayak from them, and it was worth the effort. No regrets. :)
Excellent stability. Good speed. Went with a lithium battery that lasts all day on a trolling speed with occasional acceleration. Installed lighting and switches. Very happy with the purchase and looking to get another one.
This kayak has quality written all over it, I can even tow my grandfather across the lake using the min kota. He calls it a boat Uber
I have fished in 106mk for about 3 weeks now. It is amazing. I am able to get more casts the water and cover more water that my paddle kayak. It goes pretty shallow before having to pull the motor and rudder up, about 1.5 feet. You will need a paddle wider than 240cm to paddle it. It doesn’t track well without the rudder but I rarely have to paddle for long distances. The seat is great and I have fished for 10+ hours in a day without any issues. I have a group 27 deep cycle battery and it lasts longer than I expected. I covered about 8 miles one day and only used 1/4 battery life. This thing is heavy and you will need a cart. I have had 2 that are just awful, the field and stream cart from Dicks and the C-Tug. The c-tug broke and was garbage. Just pony up and get the Bonedox groovy hd kit. It was worth the money.my only real issue is the transducer mount. It catches on the tailgate when loading the boat every time. I also get interference from the prop. I moved the transducer inside the hull and it seemed to help. Other than that I love this boat.