The Coosa FD is based on the top selling Coosa HD hull and deck layout but adds a long-awaited Flex Drive 3D system allowing for hands-free propulsion. The new Flex Drive 3D offers forward and reverse operation and includes a unique articulating system for deep and shallow water navigation. A daggerboard protected two-bladed propeller combined with articulation gives the Flex Drive 3D a performance increase over other drives and helps keep the system clear of shallow water obstacles and easy to clean. The Coosa FD comes with fore-aft trimming and our High Ergo Seat Frame with MOLLE System giving it flexibility in seating positions that puts you in the most comfortable position possible. The Flex Drive 3D is easily deployed with the flip of a lever and is upgradable our new Flex Drive E motor system.
Our new Flex Drive 3D is the product of two years of constant evolution in three key components: power, propulsion and steering. From bow to stern, the Flex Drive 3D delivers unparalleled user versatility, efficiency and convenience on the water. Designed from the water up for maximum performance, intuitive use and ease of maintenance, the Flex Drive 3D empowers anglers, sportsmen and outdoor enthusiasts to get closer to the action.
The Coosa FD has all the features of the best-selling Coosa HD, from rod tip protection system to gear track and more. The combination of one of the best designed all-around kayaks and the Flex Drive 3D make this a leading combination for hands-free kayak angling!
- Flex Drive 3D System - Our new Flex Drive 3D is the product of two years of constant evolution in three key components: power, propulsion and steering. This drive system is smooth and requires minimal effort to get to top speed. Because the drive shaft is flexible, adapting to shallow water and submerged obstacles is not a problem. Can be outfitted with our optional Flex Drive E motor system – swapping from pedal to power is only two thumbscrews away.
- Hi Lo Ergo Seat Frame with MOLLE System - Our Ergo Seat Cover features MOLLE compatible webbing on the rear of the seat, and a removable MOLLE panel underneath, along with all-day comfort on the water. A new custom MOLLE pouch for tackle comes standard (on certain models), and now you can customize both behind and under your seat for tackle and gear management with the myriad of MOLLE compatible attachments readily available on the market.
- Seat Stash Sliding Tray - Keep soft plastics, terminal tackle, pliers, knives, Plano boxes and other items you need where you need them with our padded Seat Stash Sliding Tray. Slide out from under seat to access contents of the tray and conveniently back and out of the way. One of the two compartments accommodate two 3600 series Plano boxes with bungee for additional security. Recesses on both sides of the front compartment allow easy under-seat rod butt staging.
- MOLLE Snap Seatback Pouch - This MOLLE seatback pouch makes accessing behind seat contents a breeze. Fully MOLLE-compatible, pouch snaps off easily to reload for those days on the go and can hold two 3600 series Plano boxes and more.
- Gear Tracks - Located on both sides, front and rear of the Big Rig HD/FD, these gear tracks are built into the kayak in easily accessible locations for adding accessories and RAM Mounts.
- Omega Rod Holder with Track Mounted LockNLoad Mounting System - This truly universal rod staging solution from YakAttack works flawlessly with spinning, casting, larger conventional reels, and yes – even fly rods of all sizes. A 360-degree rotating collar offers the ability to quickly secure the rod by capturing the reel and allows spinning reels to be stowed in the natural downward position, not hung off the side. Multiple modes allow anglers to easily stage rods for quick access or lock them in for maximum security.
- Transducer Scupper - Scupper hole accommodates many transducer sizes, making installation of fish finder units a snap.
- Integrated Rudder Control System - Our integrated rudder control system allows precise direction correction while pedaling and can be operated with left, right, or both controls.
- PowerPole Ready - Four easy molded in screw points are ready for easy installation of the PowerPole Micro Anchor system.
- Rod Protector Tubes - Sealed, molded-in rod tip tubes now offer the ultimate in protection for your rods.
- Hatch Bin - This handy front hatch bin keeps items in your front hatch right where they should be – accessible.
- Standing Pad - Full standing pad for comfort and additional quiet while sight fishing and casting.
- Paddle Stager - Keep your paddle close at hand while keeping it out of the way.
- Molded in Handles - Stern handle is molded in for comfort and ease of transport. This handle also serves as a great way to lock down your kayak in your car, truck or trailer to prevent theft.
- Length: 12’ 7”
- Width: 35”
- Weight: 102 lbs. w/o seat and pedal drive
- Capacity: 475 lbs.