The Oasis is stretched-out and spacious, the more performance-oriented of Hobie’s pair of tandems powered by the elegant, easy-to-use MirageDrive + Kick-Up Fins. So speedy yet boasting a robust carrying capacity suitable for a weekend camping trip or fishing with enough gear to stock a tackle shop—there are four convenient hatches and a generous on-deck storage area, as well as molded-in rod holders. The Oasis gets the job done in style and comfort.
- Powered by MirageDrive 180 + Kick-Up Fins - The ungainly paddle is replaced by the sheer efficiency of the MirageDrive 180, the original pedal kayak drive. With the largest human muscle group now in play, kayaking becomes easier and more efficient than ever. With Kick-Up Fins, explore without a care. Kelp and logs? No problem. These fins automatically kick-up on impact and adjust back when you resume pedaling.
- Vantage CT Seating System - The Vantage seating system provides the comfort needed for long stretches out on the water. The seat-back, bottom, height, and lumbar-support are all easily adjustable.
- Stability and Performance - The Oasis's tri-hull design improves stability by increasing floatation at the edges of the beam. Structural ribs run the length of the boat, stiffening the hull, while the hull's rounded profile reduces resistance for a quieter, faster ride.
- Twist and Stow Rudder - Hobie’s Twist and Stow Rudder is there when you need it, gone when you don’t. The retractable-rudder system is engaged and disengaged with a pull of the T-shaped control handles.
- Large Bow Hatch - Enables easy access to the bow's stowage compartment. A security strap with a detachable clip tethers the hatch; abovedeck, Bungee® cords secure extra gear.
- Rear Cargo Area - Big adventures demand plenty of gear. These molded areas and Bungee® tie-downs ensure that it's still there when you get to camp.
- Sail Mount - The optional Mirage Sail Kit's mast securely steps onto a deck-mounted fitting. Enjoy added power without complication; Mirage Sail Kits make sailing fun and easy.
- 2 - Two-Piece Paddle - Negotiate surf-strewn beaches and rocky inlets with additional confidence or go old school and paddle for an upper body workout. Conveniently clips onto the hull when not needed.
- 2 - 8" Twist and Seal Hatch - An efficient corkscrew mechanism ratchets down this hatch, keeping stowed items secure irrespective of the sea state. The lid is permanently attached to its base via a hinge, so you don't have to worry about leaving it at last night's campground.
- Mid-Boat Carrying Handle - These ergonomic handles are bolted onto either side of the kayak's cockpit, making it easier to negotiate launching ramps or transport.
- Molded Carrying Handle - Ergonomic handles fitted to stainless padeyes make portaging easier and more comfortable.
- 2 - Rod Holders - These molded-in holsters securely tote your rods, are perfectly angled for trolling and can accommodate a gaff, nets and other gear.
- Cup Holders - Cold, hot or somewhere in between--we've got a convenient spot for your favorite beverage.
- Length: 14’ 6”
- Width: 33”
- Fitted Hull Weight: 93 lbs.
- Fully Rigged Weight: 127 lbs.
- Capacity: 550 lbs.