Simplicity defined, its time-tested MirageDrive pedal system with Glide Technology moves you easily through the water. Outfitted with a breathable mesh seat, the Compass offers maximum stability and an oversized cockpit and flat deck for standing. A sharp turning radius makes it nimble in tight quarters, yet able to speed over open water in stealthy fashion.
With a wide range of models and sizes available to anglers, Hobie’s gurus designed the Compass to be a boat for everyman. The convenient 12-foot water line, 34-inch beam and 68-pound weight make the Compass a perfect fit for any water way and any lifestyle. A sub-2K price tag makes the Compass perfect fit for any budget, too. Hobie mixed design features from their most popular boats. The Compass has an aggressive, pointed bow to cut through waves and cleave the water. At just one inch wider than the Outback, the boat maneuvers like the original favorite. The stern is wide like a Pro Angler and a pontooned hull increase stability for a rock-solid fishing platform.
- The Glide Technology Drive features legendary bioengineered performance.
- Fishing features include molded-in rod holders, H-Track accessory mounts and a transducer cavity ready for you to install a Lowrance® fishfinder.
- The durable polyethylene hull hits the sweet spot between tracking and maneuverability. The oversize cockpit includes plenty of flat deck area for standing.
- The breathable mesh fabric is adjustable for comfort. Mounted at an ideal height for fishing, there's room for tackle storage underneath. Easily removable for use on shore.
- H-Track accessory mounts provide no-drill customization for the utmost in rigging flexibility.
- When you want to paddle or need to transport your Compass on shore, the spring-loaded rudder folds flush. Automatically kicks up if you hit something. Easy grip rudder handle provides fingertip steering.
- The Compass comes ready to fish from the factory with two mold-in rod holders.
- Bring your favorite gear along, including an H-Crate or Livewell. There's plenty of room in the mesh-covered bow storage area, stern storage area with Bungee tie-downs, and the 8-inch round Twist and Seal cockpit hatch.
- Negotiate surf-strewn beaches and rocky inlets with the included Two-Piece Paddle with Fiberglass Shaft.
- Carry handles are conveniently located midship, bow, and stern.
NEW FEATURES FOR 2019 MODELS
- Accessory Mount added to accept the Sail Kit, the all-new Bimini, and a host of other accessories to further maximize the Compass.
- Side Handles for easy lifting and loading.
- Footbrace-ready, with inserts in the hull to facilitate installation: a great add to this excellent paddling kayak.
- 2- YakAttack Zooka II Rod Holders
- YakAttack LevorLoc Anchor Trolley
- YakAttack Sidewinder Anchor Line Management System
- Sea-Lect Designs 3.5 lb. Folding Anchor Kit
- 2- Hobie Rod Leashes
- YakGear Paddle Leash